SEACO is not an independent legal entity. The SEACO Board, therefore, functions as a management committee within the formal structures of Monash University. The function of the Board is to provide strategic oversight of the operations of SEACO to enhance its capacity to fulfill its stated Mission and Vision.
The Board has the following Terms of Reference.
- Consider and approve as appropriate annual budgets and report, and operational plans received from the Director, SEACO;
- Consider and approve as appropriate the performance of SEACO against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) which have been approved by the Board, and seek ways to enhance performance through the management of KPIs;
- Consider reports and approve as appropriate recommendations from the Scientific Advisory Group;
- Review and approve as appropriate strategic and operational recommendations from the Executive Group including, but not limited to:
- Future collaborators, partners, and sponsors of the SEACO Platform
- Major funding opportunities and strategies for cost recovery
- Policies and guidelines for data sharing, intellectual property and community protection
- Make an annual report to the Partners comprising Minutes of all meetings with an Executive Summary and Observations from the Chair.
- Provide oversight of compliance issues, including, but not limited to:
- Fiscal management
- Data security and management
- Relationship between SEACO partners and collaborators, the government of Malaysia, and the community